Sunday 23 June 2013

I just happen to enjoy working on Sundays

... said nobody ever. But I will graduate on Friday, and most likely won't have any time to get significant work done that day. So I figured I could just start my work week one day early, and take off Friday.

After I managed to make myself crawl out of bed on a Sunday morning at 8, I actually had a very productive day. I moved the expression class (together with its surrounding helpers) from prototype.h into its own file. In case you are not intimately aware of the code structure of the wrapper, this is the class doing the "heavy lifting". It is the main expression template class, from which all concrete classes derive.

Naturally enough, I also started a test file for the expression class. This implements a "dummy" concrete derived class myint, just wrapping an ordinary int. It seemed useful to isolate the entire work needed to define a derived class in the test file, instead of e.g. using the mpz wrapper for basic testing.

At some point during the day I thought I needed priorities for the evaluation traits, so I implemented these as well. Turns out I don't need them immediately, but it probably can't hurt to have them around anyway.

The test class myint just needs a few more lines to implement addition, and then it will be on par with the mpz class of prototype.h. It does have printing, assignment, initialization and equality comparison; and of course all of these features are tested extensively.

Tomorrow I will continue working in parallel on the three strands I already worked on today: (1) extend expression, and (2) test it by (3) extending myint.

No comments:

Post a Comment