Wednesday 14 August 2013

More progress, with an end almost visible.

Today was a good day. I finished nmod_matxx, documented it, added a codegen test. Then I started and finished nmod_poly_matxx and documented it. Finally I started fmpz_mod_poly. After this is done tomorrow (hopefully), we will nominally have initial versions of wrapper classes for every flint type. (Nominally, because quadic is missing (but it is not yet documented, either), and because the nmod_vecxx/fmpz_vecxx classes are very spartanic - but then again in flint they only have underscore methods, so...)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that point has come quicker than I thought! I have two more major items and one more minor one to do for the flint release: port the KS2 and KS4 algorithms to nmod_poly, fix the garbage collection issue with the fmpz module and then write a missing test function. This should take me a few days, then I will start reviewing, trying out and working with the C++ wrapper you have written. It looks like we will probably get the C++ wrapper in the next release, as the latter has taken much more time than I anticipated, largely due to me being distracted by many other things, not all of them so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if the c++ wrapper makes it into the next release strongly depends on the timeframe you have in mind. Even though we nominally have all classes now, there are a ton of things still to do.

    ReplyDelete